Checklist before your hair extension fitting
- It is very important to wash and cleanse your hair before your fitting. This is to ensure any residual product is removed before your bonds or micros are fitted. Wash your hair but do not use
- Style your hair in your normal style without using any product, so straighten or blow dry as normal.
- Do not get your hair cut before your fitting. Hair that hasn't been cut is easier to blend.
- If you dye your hair do so at least one week before the fitting.
Aftercare and looking after your extensions
- Brush your hair extensions before shampooing your
hair to ensure its tangle
the Hair with one hand
whilst detangling to avoid
any pressure or tension on
the Locks/Bonds/Rings connections or natural hair.
- It is important that you shampoo your
hair with advised silicone free shampoo and apply
conditioner only on the ends
hair and rinse thoroughly
the day of your Extensions application
a strong and healthy connection.
shampooing your hair work vertically
not horizontally or in a circular motion, this will create less tangles and easier to manage.
- For best results
leave conditioner in for 3–5minutes before rinsing and comb through your hair extensions. We recommend removing the heavy wet before applying conditioner.
- Don't go to bed with wet hair.
shampoo over the bath as may create problems when detangling.
- Don't attempt to maintain
or adjust your
extensions yourself. Any
issues leave it to the professionals.
- Don't leave your extensions in for
3 months or 8-10 weeks if the
natural hair is fine. If your
hair extensions are left
in for longer
recommended time some damage may
Points to note:
As a result of natural shedding (approx. 50–100 strands per day) it is not unusual to shed anywhere from 0–15 strands over the course of
the term of wear. Your certified stylist normally allows for this during the application. The shedded strands can then be reapplied.
When arranging your appointment to reuse your hair we advise booking another consultation so the
stylist can review and assess your hair extensions to see if any new hair is required or any adjustments you would like to make.
All of these tips will help you have amazingly long, shiny and happy hair extensions!